Friday, March 4, 2011

This was a surprise!

I was working on creating a random back ground with magazines and just slopping them down on a 12 x 36 canvas  when I thought, Oh I could do it with citrasolve bits and paint on top of them. So - tra la, that's what I did and it was a lot of fun and where to from here? I have not idea. I think I have put too much on and now need to give my self some white or something but hey I LOVE those moments when I suddenly have an idea and do it and its fun to do and now we see what I can do with it next. Woo hoo!

So what I did with it next was paint the ubiquitous red over the top then put heavy matt gel over it which, cos its raining big time today, hasn't dried properly. For once, the picture looks better than the real thing! I'm looking forward to painting it and am doing another less frantic citrasolv back ground which I don't think I will paint. Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosie - The colors and effects of citrasolve are inspiring to me today. Maybe your "art joy" will get me going in the right direction. So far, I'm just gathering stuff to put away, but that's usually a good start. :)
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete