Monday, March 21, 2011

Procrastination Blogging!

I did an art class all weekend. Jolly good it was too. It was taught by James Lawrence I really like his art and how he makes it and also found that he taught very well. I went through my usual wall of I'm not good enough and I am wasting my time etc etc. But by the second day I was back on track with it all.

I took loads of my paintings in to show him and get some feedback which I got, apparently I don't have enough tonal range. So I painted a gray tone picture on Sunday then I splashed colour around on two canvases I prepped on Saturday. One by putting lots of texture on, the other by making drips. So, here they are.


At the end of the day James showed me a great way of using interference which, of course hasn't come out on the picture but is the blue circle, the blob top left and the gold streaks on the right on the one above these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment