I forgot to put this blog up on Paint Party Friday last week. I took last Thursday off to finish this painting cos I was so keen to see how it was going to work out. Unfortunately not too well. I painted layers and layers of paint with strips of very narrow masking tape in between. The tape didn't come off cleanly, paint had snuck underneath. It ripped some of the top paint off and it looks like "tartan on acid" at least that is how Terry described it! Shame cos its a good way for me to paint now that I am not having focussed painting time - just layer after layer of colour. Although I don't really like the way this one worked out I am doing another cos its such a great way to paint now and then. I have painted over the top of the moonlight with black tree I made for the exhibition. I will show a before and after when its done!
The other thing I did was a butterfly for the Butterfly Effect - see my side bar - with oil pastels. Haven't used them like that for a couple of years. Its also not great but then I am not after great at the moment, just doing!
This week I have been playing/doodling with colour pastels and pencils and my always-in-love-with metallics and interference paints. You can kinda see the shine on the top picture.
So, lets hope I get this up tomorrow. I wont get round a lot of other PPF as I am away all day Saturday, and, it's got so large.